Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

Lola and the Bot Next Door by Stephanie Perkins | Review





Genre: Contemporary, Young adult.
Publication date: September 28 2011
Publisher: Usborne
Pages: 373
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars 

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Lola is a seventeen year old girl who loves all things fashion. She has a boyfriend named Max who is in a rock band.Everything in her life is great until her old neighbours, the bell family, move back in. Anna and one of the Bell family member, Cricket Bell, were childhood sweethearts before Cricket stopped talking to Lola and moved away. 
Lola hated him after that and so did her best friend Lindsey. 
When Cricket comes back into her life her feelings change. 

I thought this book was really good. In comparison to 'Anna and the French Kiss' (which I love ah!) it seemed a lot more realistic, if that makes sense?
I feel like Lola went through more realistic things like her parents not letting her do this and that. 

I absolutely loved how Stephanie Perkins brought in Anna and Étienne in the movie theatre and you could see them together and talking about there families! 
     I was like.... 

Cricket Bell. I loved everything about him! He was not this popular guy that everyone girl in the town wanted, like Max, but he was so nice, caring and smart! I loved that about him. I also loved the way Lola always described Crickets long arms and tall body. It's obvious that Cricket still had feelings for Lola as soon as he said hello! 

I feel that Lola loving fashion really added something extra to the book because she was not only talking about going to see cricket or max, but what she was wearing. Later in the book when she was upset and mad, she wore more black and whites and not fun colours like the normal Lola.


In the end I actually really liked Caliope, which I didn't think I would at the start of the book. I feel like near the end Lola understood Caliope's situation a lot more. And Caliope approved of Lola and Cricket and I feel that if the book went on longer Caliope and Lola would have a good relationship. 

I give this book 4.5/5 stars! 
I would recommend this book to anyone who has read Anna and The French Kiss or just anyone who is looking for something fun  to read! 











4 comments:

  1. This is such a great book! Anna and the French Kiss will always be my favorite of the series, but the other two are amazing as well. I hope you enjoy Isla and the Happily Ever After. Happy reading!

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love it! Yeah Anna and the French Kiss will always be my favourite too :) Thank you I did!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you too fell in love with this book! I agree with you that LOLA is super cute and enjoyable and a bit more relatable than ANNA - although I couldn't help enjoying the Parisian story a bit more. ISLA is actually my favorite in the trilogy, so you'll have to let me know what you think of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Im glad you also feel that Lola is more relatable. I read Isla and I don't think it was my favourite and I didn't connect with it as much as the others, but enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete