Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins | Review

 
Genre: Contemporary, Young adult.
Publication date: December 2nd 2010
Publisher: Usborne
Pages: 401
My Rating: 5/5 stars 

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Anna and the French Kiss was on my 'Next 6 books I want to read' list. I've wanted to read this s much ever since my sister recommended it too me. I wasn't sure if I would like it THAT much, but oh my god I loved it! There were no boring parts in the book and Anna's humour really added to the book.

Anna Oliphant is NOT happy. Anna's Dad decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris, France called 'School Of America in Paris' (soap) for her last year in high school. This is not what she had in mind. She has to leave her best friend Bridgette, her could-be boyfriend Toph and also her younger brother Seán. 

Anna loves films and has a blog reviewing films. Her dream is to be the nations greatest film critic. 


Once Anna is in Paris and her family leave her she realises that she is alone. 
On her first night she meets her neighbour Meredith. Meredith is artsy and loves football. On her way back to her room she bumps into Étienne St.Clair. Anna notices how good looking he is and also picks up on his gorgeous hair and British accent.

Every girl in the school is falling head over heels for Étienne, including Anna. But there's one problem.. he has a girlfriend (noooo!). Anna tries not to like him in that way, but she can't help it! He's funny, smart, gorgeous, caring, has amazing hair and has a cute English accent. What else could you want?

I love how they start out just as friends but both have feelings for one another . They spend so much time together but they don't  act out their feelings.

I literally couldn't put down this book! It was so amazing. Anna and Étienne's relationship kept you on the edge of your seat!

Once I finished Anna and the French Kiss I wanted to read more although I was really happy with the ending. Everything worked out well in the end. I really could not fault it! 

I loved this book and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something fun, romantic, funny and easy to read. 





No comments:

Post a Comment